Configurable virtual keyboard

Hi everyone.

I’ve seen mention of a ‘configurable virtual keyboard’ in the documentation, but haven’t found a description of the virtual keyboard or any configuration options. Can anyone point me to a description of the virtual keyboard capabilities?

Regards,
Greg Shearer

Hi Greg,

Now we will show you how to use the virtual keyboard, follow the steps:

You can go in Edit > Displays > Displays > “NET Clients” and do the configuration as shown in the image below:

Then, you can create for example a TextBox to use the virtual keyboard:

This TextBox will run the following script:

public void MouseLeftButtonDown1(object sender, System.Windows.Input.InputEventArgs e){

bool isPassword = false;
	TK.ShowOnScreenKeyboard("Client.Simulation", isPassword, OnScreeKeyboardClosed);

}

private void OnScreeKeyboardClosed(bool ok, string tagName, string oldValue, string newValue)
{
	if(!ok) // User canceled operation
		return;

TK.SetObjectValue(@Tag.TextTag.GetName(), newValue);

}

Then, when you click on the TextBox this popup will appear:

Let us know if it helps you, please.

Best Regards,
Tatsoft Team.

Hi Eduardo.

Thanks for your response which certainly answers my question. I am slowly learning my way around Factory Studio but hadn’t yet investigated the Client Window Settings.

I doubt I will ever need an on-screen full keyboard … but if so … would that require an additional third party DLL?

1 Like

Hi Greg, I tried the method from Eduardo and it gave me a full keyboard? I have my TextTag set to ‘text’ not integer though?

Following on from this @supportTatsoft, is there a way to format the size of the keyboard? I have an application where the screen is a smaller format so I would like to make it larger on the screen?

Thanks, Bob

Hi Greg and Bob,

Yes, you can use a .dll to import a new keyboard, you can select the .dll in the following path

Currently there is no way to change the keyboard size. If you really need it or need something more especific, please send an e-mail to our support team: support@tatsoft.com

Best Regards,
Tatsoft Team.