Ethernet IP device conection

Hello

I am trying to connect a scale with factory studio i have a weight transmiter and a ethernet/ip fieldbus module.

What drive i need to select? or i need a PLC and connect the PLC to factory studio?

Thanks for your answers

Hello Pablo,

Thank you for reaching out to us. To provide a precise answer to your question, we need more information about the specific models of the devices you have. This will help us determine the exact protocol these devices use and the best approach to integrate them with FactoryStudio.

Please provide the following details:

1. Model and manufacturer of the weight transmitter.
  2. Model and manufacturer of the Ethernet/IP fieldbus module.

Additionally, if you have any other relevant information about your setup or specific requirements for your integration project, please feel free to share that as well. The more details we have, the better we can assist you in finding the most suitable solution.

With this information, we can suggest the appropriate protocol for communication between these devices and FactoryStudio, as well as any other necessary equipment, such as a PLC (Programmable Logic Controller), if needed for integration.

We look forward to your response so that we can offer more precise guidance. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
Tatsoft Team.

Thanks for your answer

I am using:

1. SCT-2200 weight transmitter, from Rice Lake brand (P/N 202103)
  2. SCT-2200 ETHERNET/IP filedbus from Rice Lake too (P/N 182591)

I am trying to connect directly from the filedbus module to my PC, i did ping to the module from the cmd and there was not problem.

Hello Pablo,

Thank you for providing the details of your setup. I’d like to inform you that the SCT-2200 ETHERNET/IP Fieldbus module you’re using supports the Modbus TCP/IP communication protocol. This means you can establish communication between your fieldbus module and FactoryStudio using Modbus TCP/IP.

Therefore, you can select the “Modbus Master - TCP/IP and RS232 devices” driver on the “Devices > Channels” tab.

To configure it correctly for your specific case, you should consult the documentation for both the module and the FS driver.

Here is a link for the documentation of this driver: Modbus Master

Hope this helps in your implementation.

Bests.
Tatsoft Team.

Hi,

SCT-200 have diferents modules,
each one supports diferents protocols, i have a module for only ETHERNET/IP, there is another module for modbus TCP/IP.

I have this part number:

Hello Pablo,

Apologies for the misunderstanding. In your case, you will need to find a third-party OPC UA server that can communicate with the fieldbus. Once you have this OPC UA server in place, you can use FactoryStudio to create an OPC client that reads the data sent from the fieldbus to the server.

This link contains the documentation about OPC UA Client on FS: OPC UA Client

Hope it helps.

Bests,
Tatsoft Team.

Ok, I’ll try this way

thanks