Historian data refresh

Hi, I am using the Tatsoft historian and can see the tag values and timestamps, but the feedback is not live and doesnt auto refresh.
How do I get the data displayed in the table to update every second for example?
Thanks, Bob

Hi Bob,

Just some questions, are you using TagHistorian SQLite?

Also, what do you mean by “feedback”? Can you send us a print screen of what you are doing?

Best Regards,
Tatsoft Team.

Hi @Eduardo_support, thanks for coming back to me.

Please see the visualiser screenshot.

I will try to explain what I would like to happen if possible;

So I have a live feedback of the signals using the trend window, which is fine, but I would like to see the timestamp data of the IO points. The only way I can get the data in the table to “refresh” with new data is to navigate to a different screen and then come back to this page.

What I would like to happen is to have a automatic “refresh” of the data in the table, perhaps every few seconds. Failing that a “refresh” button I could press to update the table.

So the tag timestamp data is shown in the table from the moment I open this page, but any tag changes that are recorded in the historian after that point in time are not loaded into the table until I reload that page. I would like to be able to update the table with the tag data recoreded in the historian with an automatic refresh.

Does this help you to understand what I am asking?

I am indeed using the SQlite Tag historian.

Hi Bob,

There are many ways to do that, the best way depends on where are you getting the data from? Is it a PLC? What PLC?

Best Regards,
Tatsoft Team.

Hi @Eduardo_support, the data is all coming from a Siemens S7 1500 PLC. Thanks, Bob

Hi Bob,

You can use the following code to refresh the dataGrid:

You can use this in a button press or you can create a code which allows to refresh the grid after X seconds.

If you still need help, let us know please.

Best Regards,
Tatsoft Team.

1 Like

Thanks @Eduardo_support, works a treat…

1 Like