License identifier

Hi.

I was intending to make use of my Factory Studio license identifier … which I assume is the ‘SerialNumber’ found within the @info tag … to configure different work stations running the same application. However, when I checked the value of this tag on my license … it shows ‘Demo’ rather than the license key number that I was expecting.

Is this an oversight when configuring my license hardkey?
Is there another means of accessing the license identifier?

Hi Greg,

When this property is showing “Demo”, it means that you have no license in your product.
You can check it in FactoryStudio Welcome page (this is how usually we do it):

Just to remember you, each license is for each computer. What do you mean by “to configure different work stations running the same application”?

Best Regards,
Tatsoft Team.

Hi Eduardo.

My license is reported correctly on the License tab, as shown:

However, Info->SerialNumber shows ‘Demo’ as shown earlier.

Within our applications we reference individual license numbers within a database configuration table to determine how the individual instances of the application are to be configured.

For example, the application we are currently developing will have 8 individually licensed installations, each with differing configuration details which are loaded at application startup from a database using the license number as the key. Use of the license number is preferable to something like the PC name.

But back to my original question … shouldn’t Info->SerialNumber show 6546 when checked running on my PC?

Regards,
Greg

Hi Greg,

Could you send us a print screen of the same image we sent you before or this one:

Best Regards,
Tatsoft Team.

Hi Greg,

Can you do a test please? Go in Info > Project > Settings and change Express to EdgeHMI:

It should work since your project contains your license limitations.

Best Regards,
Tatsoft Team.

That did the trick, although initially I was presented with the message indicating that I was no longer able to run or edit the project.

I then noticed that the ‘Model’ was blank, so I set to 150 as advised in resolving an earlier issue.

After closing and re-opening the project, SerialNumber is now available.

Thanks for your assistance.

Greg Shearer

1 Like