Monitoring status of modbus connection in factory studio

Dear Experts.
In my project, I create a Modbus TCP client channel and node. I also created a tag for monitoring this communication connection. But I didn’t see the any filed for that ( Picture 1).

Other example, with IEC 60870 5 104, it has the Tag com for status filed ( Picture 2)
Best regards

Hi Thanos,

Unfortunately, we were unable to view Picture 2. However, we would like to inform you that it is not necessary to create a tag to monitor your device.

The Device NameSpace serves as the entry point for all objects related to the device module, allowing you to monitor your project’s devices using @Device objects.
You can monitor the channel connection status using the “@Device.Channel.modbus.Status” object:

Additionally, you can monitor the Node connection status using @Device.Node.modbus.Status:

The Device.Channel.Modbus object also offers other properties for monitoring your device connection, such as Device.Channel.Modbus.Activity, which toggles each time the device completes an operation.

We hope this information assists you in setting up your Modbus connection on FactoryStudio. If you have any further questions or need additional support, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,
Tatsoft Team.

Dear Experts
Thanks for your feedback.
Actually, I knew that the modbus channel and node has status property.
In my project, i have many Modbus channel and nodes. I create a rerferent tag for liking to status connection.
So I need to assign each tag into each Modbus channel orr node.
Please see the piture 2 in below

Hi Thanos,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your question. We understand that you want to monitor each MODBUS Channel and Node individually on your project.

To do so, you can create an AccessType for each Channel or Node, and make sure to fill the “ReadStatus” and “WriteStatus” fields with the Tags that are going to be used to monitor your connection status:

accesstype

In the image, the Tag.readstatus and Tag.writestatus can be used to check if the points using that AccesType connection are communicating with the device.

We hope that this method helps setting up your MODBUS connection. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.

Best Regards,
Tatsoft Team.

Dear Expert
THank for your feedback.
That is a way.
If you have any better way, please let me know.
Best.