Multi Node on the same channel

Hi guys.
In my Factory project, I need connect it 4 field devices through IEC60870-5-104 master protocol.
I created 4 IEC60870-5-104 nodes for 4 these devices.
I wonder, Can I assign all of nodes into the same channel ( Please see picture).
Or one node - one channel ?
If yes, are there any special parameter I need to configure?

Best

Hi Manh,

In your case, using Master protocol we recommend to create 1 channel – 4 nodes. If it were slave protocol we would recommend to use 4 channel – 4 nodes.
Summarizing, yes you can assign all of nodes into the same channel.

There is a parameter that should be configured, but just in case of having issue with performance reading:

Let us know if it works for you, please.

Best Regards,
Tatsoft Team.

Dear sir.
Thank for your feedback?
As picture you sent. what value do I need to fill at NodeConnection and MaxSimultaneousConnect Parameter?
Best

Hi Manh,

Example: you created a channel with 4 NodeConnection and 4 MaxSimultaneousConnect , then 4 socket connections would be made. It means that you have 4 messages going to the device at the same time. It is 4 times faster than only one connection. In theory, if the device module had a limit of 64 simultaneous sockets, then users could connect 64 simultaneous connections at the same time to the device.

In summary, using more MaxSimultaneousConnect can increase a lot the performance of your communication, but you need to balance it with the Device Time Slice.

In your case you can set the NodeConnection as 4 and the MaxSimultaneousConnect could be 4 or even more (depending on your device).

Best Regards,
Tatsoft Team.