Removing screen object from TAB order

Hi.

I have a display with several text boxes and a TDataGridWindow.

At the moment … by design … TAB order is through the text boxes and then to the data grid.
I’m wondering if it is possible to remove the data grid entirely from the TAB sequence.

What I would like to be able to do is to TAB through the text boxes and then return to the ‘Confirmation’ text box. I have tried doing this by directing focus to ‘Confirmation’ on loss of focus from the ‘End’ text box … but this does not work. It appears that focus does return briefly to ‘Confirmation’ before moving to the data grid.

So ideally, I would like to be able to remove other objects on the display from the TAB sequence. If it is possible … I would also like to prevent TAB entry from moving to the display window menu as well … as TAB access is not required within the application.

I have noticed that the ‘Tensile Test’ and ‘Restart’ buttons are not in the TAB sequence, however these are not Focusable. The data grid does need to be Focusable … but may assist with display operation if is not within the TAB sequence.

Regards,
Greg Shearer

Hi Greg,

The TAB order in the software follows the visual order of objects on the screen (Z-axis). By rearranging the order of objects on the screen, you can control the TAB order; that is, the object at the back is always the first to be selected using TAB. Currently, we do not have a built-in feature to skip a display element in the TAB order. Therefore, we recommend placing the element you wish to skip at the end of the sequence.

However, we’d like to clarify that it’s possible to skip an element through advanced coding in the Display CodeBehind. If you decide to proceed with this customization, please let us know, and we can provide a project sample for you.

Bests,
Tatsoft Team.