In my project, I used Factory studio as EdgeGateway Family as below picture.
With my requirement of my project, I need create task scripts. But I saw that the Script menu only include Class.
It means that EdgeGateway Family cant create Task script, is it? And Are there any solution for this case.
Regarding FactoryStudio’s EdgeGateway product family, please note that the Script Task feature is not currently included. However, you have the option to upgrade if you require it.
If you need to call a class without a Script Task, you can use the following expression:
Please remember that the class must return a value; void functions are not supported in this case. Here’s an example of how the class should be structured:
public int Main()
//Add your code here
If you have any further questions or require assistance, please let us know.
Thank for your Feedback.
I understood almost your response.
About “However, you have the option to upgrade if you require it.” It means that The IoTGateway has advance option included Task script or i have to switch into HMI ( Or Framwork X) Package.
Thank you for your feedback. I’m glad you found our response helpful.
Regarding your question about the EdgeGateway product family features, let me clarify. The EdgeGateway product family does not include support for Script Tasks. However, you have the option to upgrade your license to a different product family that better suits your needs. You can find detailed information about all our product families and the features they offer on the following page:
If you have any further questions or need more clarification, please feel free to ask. We’re here to assist you.
Thank for your feedback.
I accessed into the link your send.
Can you explain for me more about 2 feature at below picture.
I’d be happy to provide you with a clearer explanation of Device and Server redundancy:
Device Redundancy: This refers to the BackupStation configuration found in Edit > Devices > Nodes. By utilizing this feature, you can prevent any loss of connection with a device in the event of a PrimaryStation failure. It is available in all FactoryStudio Product Families, except for EdgeHMI.
FactoryStudio offers built-in features to deploy redundant systems, specifically for server redundancy. Our software provides two approaches:
a. Hot-Standby Redundancy: This approach involves loading the project on both servers, but only one server is active at a given time. The standby server keeps all modules on pause until it is needed.
b. Hot-Hot Redundancy: With this approach, both the primary and secondary servers run simultaneously, keeping all modules active at all times.
These server redundancy features are exclusively available in FramerworkX and FactoryStudio Product families.
For detailed information on server redundancy, please refer to our documentation page at the following link:
Redundancy and Service Configuration Documentation
Let me know if there’s anything else we can assist you with.
Thank for your extremely clear explanation.
If you can, I want to have some questions about script in EdgeHMI family.
When I setting my project as EdgeHMI family I saw that script have some strange things.
- I didn’t see the the Domain Field. It mean that the task script will run on Server or Client Domain ?
- I read a Tatsoft document. I describe that Task script in EdgeHMI is always Single thread. Can I understand that Only task run at the same time?
- I want to import the external dll Library into factorystudio. But I couldn’t find Reference feature in Build Menu.
Thank you for reaching out to us. We’d like to address your queries regarding our EdgeHMI product family:
- When utilizing the EdgeHMI product family, users do not have access to the “Domain” column of tasks. All tasks created within this project will run on the server domain.
- It’s important to note that although all tasks in an EdgeHMI project run on single threads, this does not imply that only one task can run at a time. Each task operates on its own thread, but they are not all executed simultaneously.
- Please be aware that the reference tab and the ability to add DLL references are not available in projects associated with the EdgeHMI and EdgeGateway product families. To gain access to this component, an upgrade of your license is required.
If you have any other questions, we are here to help.
Thank for your information.
I got it