Trend/Chart and Report at Factorystudio 9.2

Hi experts.
Good day to all of you.
I’m practice FactoryStudio 9.2 with some functions about chart.
Does the software have any chart symbol which

• can perform like attachec picture?
  • Its sources can be get from Tag Historian database.
    I know that, the software have trend window symbol, but it seem not have this function.
    Best.
    Chart

Hi Manh,

You can use the barChart as you can see in the image below:

Yes, you can connect to the historian, you just have to follow some steps:

1 - Create a table in Tags > Historian and attach some tags to it.
2 - Go in Datasets > “DB Admin…” and see if you can find the table you have just created
3 - Go in Datasets > Tables, fill the field Name, DB and TableName

Then you go in BarChart configuration and change the Data Source to the table you’ve created.

If you have some specific question, please send to our support team in: support@tatsoft.com.
Best Regards,
Tatsoft Team.

Dear Sir/Madam.
Thanks for your extremely useful information.
So, Can I put these symbols into report Page
If you have the sample project, it’s very great.
Best.

Hi Manh,

Yes, you can put these symbol into a Report page.
There is a better way to do that than I just said and it is putting the table into a Tag DataTable datatype, in Codebehind you will write a line doing a SelectCommand in the table

@Tag.tagTable = @Dataset.Table.TableMain.SelectCommand();

Then in Data Souce in BarChart configuration you will put the Tag, we attached a project in FS-9.2.26-sp2.

Let us know if you could accomplish this, please.

Best Regards,
Tatsoft Team.

Dear sir
I tried to open and study your sample project.
Please help me with some doubts

1. At sample project, No Barchar was inserted into report editor
  2. I tried insert a Barchar into report editor. But there wasn’t its properties displayed ( See below picture)
  3. I need to use Barchar to display data of the table at SQL server ( Table as below picture). The Date column will fill to X Axis of Barchar, the remain column were object need to be drawn on Barchar.

If the result is correct, It will be show as below picture

Best

Hi Manh,

1. Strange, I just opened it here, but anyway, we will show you how to insert the barChart and you tell us if it don`t work, ok?

2. You will not edit this properties in the report editor, you will do this through the Draw environment.
    You can right click on the symbol and “Edit symbol Symbol1”

Then you double click in the symbol and you can see its properties

1. If you want to use the values from the database you have some options depending on what you need, you can use either the Historian or do a query from the database. If you need more information about it, please send us and e-mail in: support@tatsoft.com

Best Regards,
Tatsoft Team.

Dear Sir
Thanks for your feedback.

1. I can insert normally Barchar into Report.
  2. I knew the way to insert and config Barchar in Draw environment.
    But If I don’t edit properties of barchar in Report editor. How can I link barchar at report editor to one Barchar at one Draw. Because in the project, I can create many Barchar at many Draw
  3. I knew the way to use Database as Data source of BarChar. I mean here that the How can I configure X Axis as Datetime column of Data
    Best.

2- Yes, you can create many Barchart, but each one will be a different symbol. Let’s say that we have 2 BarChart in Draw, we right click in the first one and make it a symbol named “BarChartMain”, then we do the same to the second BarChart and name it as “BarChartSecondary”. Then you go in Report Editor and you will see that you have different symbols to select:

3- You just have to configure the BarChart configuration as the image below, in the “FieldTitle” field you will put the name of the column you want to show in X axis, in your case it would be “Date”. In “FieldValue” it will be the data.

The result will be:

If it is still not clear to you, please send us an e-mail in support@tatsoft.com and we can schedule a meeting or give you more examples if you want.

Best Regards,
Tatsoft Team

Hi Eduardo
That amazing information.
Can I have one more question please.
Assumed that The DataSource of Barchart is a table at SQL Server.
I found that when data in table change, The Barchart in draw dinn’t update corresponding.
How can I do this ( in 2 cases Barchart is used as nature symbol and new symbol for report)?
Best.

Hi Manh,

1 - We did the test using SQL Lite and it worked fine, we can prepare a test environment in our labs to try to reproduce this with SQL Server.
2 - We would like to understand it better, so could you send us the project and also print screen of the parts you are having issue?

OBS: It is the same Barchart you will use in Draw and Report, both will be a Symbol.

Best Regards,
Tatsoft Team.

Hi Manh,

We were wondering we know the issue you were having with updating data on SQL Server. For updating you can go to another display and then go back. Or also for better performance you can create a button, and then you call a query to load the datatable from SQL Server, as you can see in the images below:
Button configuration:

CodeBehind:

Edit > Datasets > Queries:

The “@Tag.tableTag” DataTable datatype will be in BarChart DataSource.

Best Regards,
Tatsoft Team.