Trend Page - add pens to pen control

Hi,

In FactoryStudio 9.2.26 , I’m using the TrendChart template and trying to populate the plot with data from the Pen Selection asset panel, but when I left click on a tag in the asset panel, nothing happens. I can’t seem to find a way to add a tag to the pen control panel and plot it. Am I missing something obvious?

I tried using the TrendProperties demo project as well from docs.tatsoft.com, in case there was something wrong with my own project, but I get the same result here, too. See attached image.

Thanks,
Val

Hi vbebs,

We tried to replicate your error with the example project TrendProperties, but the tag selection worked as intended. We also noticed your Pen Selection window is different from our demo project, could you send us the project file you are getting this error, so we can identify the problem?

You can send us the file through our support at support@tatsoft.com or through your own file server.

Bests,
Tatsoft Team.

Okay. That is strange, since I did not make any modifications to the example project. I have followed up with a more detailed explanation of the problem and project files in an email to support@tatsoft.com.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks vbebs, we will continue the technical support through the email if it is good for you.

Bests,
Tatsoft Team.

I am having a similar problem. When using the included Trend and Alarm Footer template the asset selection in the pre-built trend window does not allow tag selection if the user is changed to anything other than “Guest”. It does not matter the level of the user account or privileges. I have tried this on different projects and multiple client/server configurations. I have started new projects from scratch using the template. Also the TrendProperties.tproj project has a similar issue. When the user is not “Guest” the asset window no longer functions correctly.

This is also true when attempting to save the pens as a group using the built-in save controls provided with the Trend and Alarm footer template.

Using FactoryStudio 9.2.26

Hi George,

We were not able to reproduce the situation reported by you in FS-9.2.26.

Could you send us one of the projects with this behaviour and a step-by-step guide for us to try to reproduce it?

Bests,
Tatsoft Team.

Version 9.2.26
Express License

1. Project server is running on network computer on port 80. Connected via http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80/ using the Factory Studio launcher.
  2. Create new project using TrendChart and AlarmFooter template.
  3. Nothing added to project. No new users or tags just the template as it is.
  4. Go to Run>Startup>Startup Settings
  5. UserName: Guest.
  6. Startup Computer: Project Server
  7. Execution Path: My Documents
  8. Ports: Default
  9. Run Modules: Alarms, Devices, Reports, Datasets, Historian, Displays, Scripts all checked.
  10. OPCServer, LocalDisplays NOT checked.
  11. Push “Run Startup” and connect to project.
  12. Launch RichClient from shortcut with correct IP address and port number.
  13. In RichClient navigate to trend window using icons on top menu bar.
  14. Notice user is “Guest”.
  15. Functions work normally. Pens are added to Pens Control panel by selecting in Pen Selection panel. Tag group functions work normally.
  16. Click on user login icon on top menu bar. Login window appears.
  17. Enter “Administrator” in UserName field. No password is set. Press OK.
  18. Navigate away from the Trend screen.
  19. Navigate back to the Trend screen.
  20. Now the Tag Group controls no longer work. Tags can not be added to the Pens Control panel by selecting them in the Pen Selection panel. Pens will not graph in the trend window either.
  21. Select the user icon on the top menu bar and LogOff. The user defaults back to “Guest”.
  22. Navigate away from the Trend window.
  23. Navigate back to the Trend window.
  24. All functions work again.

This problem is the same also when using a local server.

Thanks

Hi gdgilmore.

We have solved the issue, you can find an example in the link below.

Project Example

Best Regards.
Tatsoft Team.