TRich Client in Runtime Mode

Dear expert.
I’m using system diagram as picture

Inside, The workstation was used for running TRich Client Tool .
When Factorystudio on Server computer was running, I can start and shutdown manually TRich Client Tool on Workstation computer normally.
I want to the TRich Client on workstation computer is started and shutdown automatically when Factory Server start and shutdown. Is this possible? And How can I do that?
Best

Hi Manh,

We received your question and we are working on it. We’ll give you an answear as soon as possible.

Bests,
Tatsoft Team.

Hi Manh,

Yes, you can do this running an aplicattion, which check every x second if the server is running. Follow the documentation about it:
https://docs.tatsoft.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=29493227

After reading the documentation you will see that the target will be something like this: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Tatsoft\FactoryStudio9.2.28.4\fs-9.2\AutoStartSmartClient.exe” /url:http://127.0.0.1/fs-9.2/TSmartClient.application

Bests,
Tatsoft Team.

Dear Sir.
Thank for your support.
I tried follow your guide on my computer and have some doubts

1. The Autosmart App on Client station have an information window as below picture

2. I don’t setting any Autosmart Application on Server station but it run automaticallly

3. The Autosmart App on Client station can only work when TWebserver on Server station is 80 port. Some time TWebserver on Server is 3100 port andThe Autosmart App on Client station couldn’t to server

4. If I use redundant diagram as below picture. How can I config AutoStartSmartClient.config file?
    Best

Hi Manh,

1. Are you using Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome as default browser? Can you please try to use Microsoft Edge or install the extension ClickOnce for Google in Chrome?

2. Can you please try to uncheck this checkbox, it makes a Wpf display opens in the Server when the project is started:

3. Could you check in the icon tray bar in right bottom corner if the TWebServer is running in the same port you use in the URL?

You should do a link with these parameters, the PortNumber should be the same number as in the image above (TWebServer Port Number)
http://“IP”:“PortNumber”/fs-9.2/TSmartClient.application

1. We have documentation about redundancy in the following link, there are 2 types of redundancy and you can have more information of which one you need here:
    Redundancy and Service Configuration - 9.2 - Tatsoft LLC

Let us know if it helps you please.

Bests,
Tatsoft Team.

Dear Expert
Thanks for your feedback.
About TWebserver I have some doubts

1. when I run TWebserver app, Sometime it is 3100 port, sometime it is 80 port. => How can I fix it into only 3100 port
  2. Can I write code in Factory studio in order to run automatically TWebserver app when wuntime Project
    Best.

Hi, Manh

1 - You can create a TWebServer shortcut, right-click, and go to edit its properties and change the ‘Target’ to: ‘C:Program Files (x86)… Product Name TWebServer.exe’ /port:.

Also, if you are using devices, check the remote settings like IP : Port you wanted in Edit Devices Channels RemoteSettings and make sure that

You have port: 3100 configured for server computer

You have port: 3100 configured for remote computer

2 - For the second question, we would like to have more information about what specifically you want to do,

Do you need to close the TWebServer sometimes? Do you restart the computer constantly?

To help you with this task, we will be sending you a link to the TWebServer documentation
https://docs.tatsoft.com/display/DOC91/TWebServer+-+Embedded+Web+Server

Best Regards,
Tatsoft Team

Dear Expert
On client station. I only use TRich client on Remote station. ( Don’t use Smartclient in this case).
Can I use script in order to start TRich client on remote station at the same time without action on remote station.
Best.

Hi Manh,

We have documentation about Automatically Starting Windows Clients in the following link:
https://docs.tatsoft.com/display/DOC91/Remote+Client+Users+Setup

Let us know if this helps you, please.

Bests,
Tatsoft Team.

Dear expert
Thank for your feedback.
The link provided many informations.
But, maybe these aren’t what I’m finding.
In my project, I need TRickClient is started automatically when server startup.
the above document, they said about run client when client computer restart.
Best

Hi Manh,

We would like to explain to you that TRichClient and TSmartClient works the same, the only difference between them is how it is opened, TSmartClient uses ClickOnce to open through the web browser and TRich Client uses FactoryStudio installation to open it. With that said, we would like to make you a question to find the best solution for you:

1. Why do you need TRichClient over TSmartClient when both options can provide the same result?

Bests,
Tatsoft Team.

Dear expert
Thank for your feedback.
Allow me to explain as following:

1. In order to TSmartClient can work, The server computer need to run TWebServer. That is why i want to use TRichClient instead of TSmartClient.
  2. My operating system includes 3 computer: Primary server, secondary server and Client station.
  • In normally operation, I’m deploying the order in the following steps:
  • Run TStartup app on primary Server
  • Run TStartup app on Secondary Server
  • Run TRichClient app on Client station
    => Can I do all of them only on client station?
    Best